|Entrepreneur||means Users who register on the Platform in order to access the Platform for Services;|
|Personal Data||any data relating to an identified natural person, or one who can be identified directly or indirectly by way of linking such data, using identifiers such as name, voice, picture, identification number, online identifier, geographic location, or one or more special features that express the physical, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of such person;|
|Platform||means the online website of The Hyfin with the URL www.thehyfin.com that is controlled by us;|
|Registered Users||means Users who have successfully completed the registration process on the Platform;|
|Services||means the services offered, promoted and displayed through or on the Platform by Businesses;|
|The Hyfin||means an entity incorporated under the laws of UAE being the owner or controller of the Platform;|
|Third-Party Sites||means third-party web pages that are linked on the Platform;|
|UAE||means United Arab Emirates;|
|Us/ Our/ We||refers to The Hyfin domiciled in the UAE, and to the extent applicable, includes also its affiliates, subsidiaries and related entities;|
|Users||means any individual or business entity visiting, using or accessing the Platform who has not registered on the Platform; and|
|You/ Your/ (similar reference)||refers to Users, Entrepreneurs or Businesses (as applicable) who are users or visitors of the Platform.|
SCOPE OF POLICY
- use and accessibility
- behavioural advertising and Third-Party Sites (limited extent only)
- sharing/ disclosure
- opting out
- data security
of any Personal Data provided to us when you visit or use the Platform.
USE OF THE PLATFORM
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The Platform collects information in two (2) ways: actively and passively. We may collect information including personally identifiable information (your full name, email address, phone number) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g. aggregate statistics about what parts of our Platform are most popular).
Active information collection can include both personally identifiable information (e.g., your full name, address, mobile number, email address or similar information that is unique to you) and non-personally identifiable information (e.g., if we were to ask for your first name and a list of the top three things you like about our Platform).
Active information is collected from you in the following manner:
- Entrepreneur registration: We collect the following personally identifiable information from you in our registration form for Entrepreneurs:
- your first name and last name;
- email address;
- contact details;
- company name;
- industry; and
- a unique password.
- Business registration: We collect the following personally identifiable information from you in our registration form forBusiness on the Platform:
- name of the company;
- category and sub-category it is operating in;
- contact details including social media platforms, mobile number and email;
- description of the Services the Business offers; and
- the country and state the Business operates in.
- Payments: Depending on your preferred mode of payment, you may be asked to submit your credit card details or bank details. We DO NOT collect and store any financial information, including CVV or credit card pins, from any purchases made by you on the Platform although such information will be stored on a secure server in your personal account on the Platform that is used only for your ease of convenient future purchases. We do not access or use such financial information in any manner from the Platform, via email, messenger (WhatsApp etc.) or any social media account.
A proportion of personally identifiable information that we collect from you may be categorised as Personal Data for the purpose of applicable laws, which may include your full name and geographical location. Your submissions shall represent your complete consent to share your Personal Data with us.
Passive Information collection refers to instances in which we collect information from you that you have not actively provided. We may use special technologies to passively collect non-personally identifiable information from you. These technologies allow us to collect certain kinds of non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to the type of web browser you use, Internet Protocol (IP) address, time zone, the date and time of your visit, the operating system you use, the specific pages you visit, the address of the website you visited prior to entering the Platform and the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Platform, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Platform, and information about how you interact with the Platform. We do not link this passively collected information with personally identifiable information you have actively provided elsewhere on this Platform. We reserve the right to share with third-parties, including our business partners and advertisers, the anonymous (non-personally identifiable) aggregated information that we have passively collected via this Platform.
We collect information identified above, using the following technologies:
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your browsing device (computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet) and often include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies help us recognise you and your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions. We will ask for your permission to place Cookies or other similar technologies on your browsing device, except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service that you have requested. You can disable Cookies or manage the Cookies you use on your browsing device at any time. The Cookies we use will only be accessed by us and shall not be accessed by any third-party.
- Google Analytics is a web-based analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and allows an in-depth analysis of detail about the Users on our Platform. We may be required to share certain information We collect on the Platform with Google which will be subject to Google’s policies as follows:
- Social Media Data Analytics: We analyse engagements and impressions through our social media pages for purposes of analytics. This information is non-personally identifiable information that does not contain any Personal Data.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect from you will only be used to:
- provide you with a better browsing experience on the Platform;
- help you conclude a payment transaction you make on the Platform;
- offer you Services available through the Platform;
- better communicate with you;
- for purposes of data analysis (non-Personal Data);
- for marketing purposes;
- for Web analytics;
- for service recommendations; and
- for B2B usage data.
The Hyfin reserves the right to amend this list at its sole discretion without prior notice. The current, updated list shall be available here for reference.
We will use Personal Data to communicate with you, including issuing marketing such as telemarketing communications. The Personal Data you decide to provide us is your responsibility. By contacting us at email@example.com you may ask us to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. To use your contact information and send you telemarketing messages in compliance with applicable laws, we depend on our legitimate interests in marketing and promoting Services. Applicable law mandates that we obtain your consent prior to sending such telemarketing communications therefore in using the Platform, signing up with us as a Business or Entrepreneur, you automatically provide us with your consent. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, this may limit or restrict your use of the Platform or communicating with other Businesses or Entrepreneurs.
We may use a function to automatically remember the information you use on our Platform for the following reasons:
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit;
- provide custom content and information;
- determine the effectiveness of our Platform.
Emails sent to The Hyfin must be via valid emails to which we can send a reply to and must be managed and owned by you. You are only allowed to send emails or contact anyone on the Platform where you have permission to do so.
You must also provide proof your recipients have opted-in to be in mailing lists. We restrict and prohibit the use of third-party, purchased or rented mailing lists unless you provide relevant proof the individuals have opted-in to be in the mailing lists.
You shall not send unsolicited mail to newsgroups, distribution lists, message boards or email addresses you have acquired on the Platform. You shall not use the information obtained on the Platform to send emails in a way not permitted by law or to any recipient who has opted-out of your mailing list or objected from receiving such marketing messages from you or on behalf of you.
You may not use The Hyfin’s name to send emails to anyone with misleading subject lines or false content or representations.
We may use information we receive, to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of sharing information as follows:
- Revoke access to email and social network accounts:
- Upon request, we may be able to provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer have access to your browsing device, you may also contact your email account provider to revoke our access to your account or contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- By emailing us:
- To respond to your request or inquiry, we may require follow-up or contact information to allow us to verify that you are the person authorised to view the information you are requesting. We may, at our discretion, refuse to allow you access to certain information if, in our view, to provide such access would jeopardise another person’s privacy; would violate any applicable federal, state, or foreign law, regulation, or directive; or would unreasonably burden this Platform.
- Unsubscribing or Opting Out from communications or mailers:
- If you receive communication from us, you can email us and ask that we remove you from receiving communications. Please do note however that this may affect your status as an Entrepreneur or Business if we are unable to communicate with you. We may continue to communicate with you even after the expiry of your subscription, however we can cease all communication upon your written request to us requesting un-subscription. Please remember that if you opt out of receiving marketing communication only you may continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding your purchases or for the purposes of daily correspondence with us.
Although we take reasonable steps to protect the personally identifiable information that you provide via this Platform, no system is 100% secure or error-free and neither is the Platform. We do not, and cannot, guarantee the security or accuracy of the information we gather. It is your responsibility to keep your passwords secure. We strongly recommend that you do not share your passwords with any third-party nor store or save them in a manner that may be easily accessed by a third-party. We take the protection of your information very seriously and employ measures through administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect information against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We encrypt all data in transit through secure socket layer technology (SSL), Sucuri Security, and Wordfence Security protocols, including hardware firewalls that are set up on the hosting side. We take reasonable precautions to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, but cannot guarantee these security measures will prevent third parties from obtaining information by illegal actions or attacks.
THIS Platform IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN OR MINORS
This Platform is not directed to and does not seek to collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of twenty one (21) years. Nevertheless, if a minor accesses the Platform for any purpose whatsoever, or seeks Services through the Platform, we reserve the right to ask for additional permissions and consent from the parent or guardian of the minor. For the purpose of this Platform, minor refers to any User under the age of twenty one (21) years. The aforementioned permissions and consents may change from time to time, at our discretion.
We may process your Personal Data on the basis of contractual necessity to perform a contract we have with you or complete a payment transaction you have made or are making or are reviewing on the Platform. We may also process your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests, including analytic reporting and improving the functionality of the Platform. For example, we have a legitimate interest in collecting information about your device hardware and operating system to better understand how Users access and use the Platform. We also have a legitimate interest in providing and developing improved artificial intelligence algorithms to deliver better product features to our Users.
In some cases, we may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligations or to protect the User’s vital interests or those of another person.
How you may exercise your rights on the Platform:
- Right to data portability: You may contact us with questions or requests regarding your Personal Data using the contact information below. Please note we may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any personal or account information.
- Right to restrict or oppose: Where we rely on legitimate interests to process your Personal Data, you have the right to object to such processing by using the contact information below. Please note that some processing is essential to offering Services on the Platform.
- Right to access, correct and rectify: You may access, correct and rectify the Personal Data through your account settings in the Platform/ through contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to delete: You may request deletion of any of the information collected and stored by us by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Revoking consent: We are the “data controller” of Personal Data provided to us. You can contact us directly regarding the processing of Personal Data by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GOOGLE USER DATA
- The Platform shall not allow humans to read this data unless we have your afﬁrmative agreement for speciﬁc messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the Platform’s internal operations and even then, only when the data have been aggregated and de-identified.
COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK
If you are interested in receiving electronic updates, alerts, and other information from us regarding this Platform, you must provide us with an email address. We may also ask for optional information, such as how you found us, to help us better serve you and other Users in the future. We welcome your comments and feedback regarding this Platform and Services and functionalities to our email address email@example.com that permits you to send through your own email address, comments, and any other information you choose to include. Please remember that email is not secure and we cannot provide you with any guarantees in this respect. You should carefully consider what information you wish to send to us through e-mail or through this feedback option.
Last Updated in June 2023.